About the Organization
The Legal Lock is an initiative of the students from different law colleges in order to make quality legal research. It is also to make unbiased discussions, and essential law topics accessible to all academicians, and students in the best manner possible. The Legal Lock started in the year 2021. It has successfully concluded several events including a National Moot court competition.
About Villa College, Maldives
Villa College, established by the Chairman of Villa Group, Honorable Dr. Qasim Ibrahim, is the leading private higher education institution in the Maldives. It is at providing educational opportunities for Maldivians at an affordable price, within the country. Initially established as a training institute on 28 January 2007, Villa College upgraded its status, becoming the first private college in the Maldives in less than ten months from its inception. Over the years, Villa College has expanded not only in size but in stature and diversity as well.
About the Conference
When good exists, evil has to be around. That idea has provoked some to abuse the Internet. The rate of cybercrimes is increasing by leaps and bounds, which is quite threatening, as said by Justice Misra.
Considering this growing issue of cybercrime projected to cause a $10.5 trillion loss to the world economy by 2025, we are coming up with its 1st International E-Conference on Cybercrime and Cyber Securities with the plan to discuss various issues going on across the globe.
We look forward to active participation from the students, research scholars, legal practitioners, and other members of the legal fraternity.
Cybercrime and Cybersecurity
The sub-themes of the seminar [not limited to] are:
- Data Protection – National as well as International Perspective
- Crimes on Social Media
- Privacy concerns in Cyber Space
- Cyber forensics – technical as well as legal perspective
- E-commerce and cyber security concerns.
- Judicial opinion over cyber security
- Evidence issues in the area of cyber security
- Investigation of cybercrimes– issues and concerns
The conference will begin with a webinar on the theme and will end with a panel discussion. Webinar and Panel discussions will be open for all opportunities. Do fill out the form to join the best of the discussions. A detailed schedule will be shared by mail.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- An Abstract of the research paper, not exceeding 300 words, accompanied by a Covering letter containing: Title of the Paper, Full Name of the Author/authors, Complete Address with Contact Number and E-mail Address must be submitted as an attachment via email to [email protected]
- The last date for submission of abstracts is 1st November 2022.
- Notification of the accepted abstracts will be done on/ before 3rd November 2022.
- The text of the abstract must be in – MS WORD FORMAT WITH TIMES NEW ROMAN, FONT OF SIZE 12 &WITH 1.5 LINE SPACING.
- Keywords must accompany abstracts.
FINAL PAPER SUBMISSION:
- Following the selection of the abstracts, the final paper must be sent on or before 25th November 2022 and must be presented in person at the conference.
- The paper must be accompanied by a Covering letter containing: Title of the Paper, Full Name of the Author/authors, Complete Address with Contact Number, and E-mail Address must be submitted as an attachment with an email to [email protected]
- The submissions received shall be reviewed by the respective subject experts of the Scrutinising Committee. The decision of the Scrutinising Committee shall be final. The Committee reserves with it the exclusive rights to publish the final papers presented at the conference and to use them further for any future extension/as per requirements.
- Citation method: 20th Bluebook edition.
Final Paper Submission – Guidelines:
- Papers must be the original work of the author/authors.
- The text must be in – MS WORD FORMAT WITH TIMES NEW ROMAN FONT OF SIZE 12 AND WITH 1.5 LINE SPACING.
- The footnotes [no end notes] must be – TIMES NEW ROMAN WITH FONT SIZE 10 WITH LINE SPACING OF 1.0
- The length of the paper should be between 3500-5000 words.
- The final paper must be accompanied by the abstract and keywords.
- All references should be properly cited and a bibliography should be provided.
- Submission of Abstract: 1st November 2022
- Notification of accepted Abstract: 3rd November 2022
- Final paper submission: 25th November 2022
- Conference Dates: 26-27 November 2022
This conference is open to teachers, scholars, and students. Registration prior to the conference is compulsory.
The conference will be conducted online, via Zoom or Google meet.
- For Academicians/Professionals and Research Scholars: INR 1200 for each author
- For students: INR 750
- For International Students: $15
- For International Academicians/Professionals and Research Scholars: $25
- Co-authorship of up to two authors is permitted with the submission of registration fees by both authors separately.
NEFT: Account Name: Varun Agarwal
Account Number: 39728739286
Branch: Civil Lines, Moradabad, UP – 244001
Paytm/Google Pay/PhonePe: 9997113838 (Varun Agarwal)
Note: Payment is to be made only after the selection of the abstract.
- Best Research Paper (of every technical session): Free publication at Legal Lock Journal+1 Month internship at Legal Lock Journal + Hard Copy of Certificate
- Best Papers of the Conference: Free publication at Legal Lock Journal+1 Month internship at Equa Law+ Hard Copy of Certificate
- The Best Speaker: Free publication at Legal Lock Journal+1 Month internship at LedX+ Hard Copy of Certificate
- A certificate of participation will be provided to all who will present the paper.
- Top 10 papers (except winning papers) will be given special 20% discounts on publication at Legal Lock Journal.
Father Jain: 7247883885
Varun Agarwal: 9997113838
Mail us at: [email protected]