About MP Law College, Aurangabad
It is the oldest law college established in 1956 by the Marathwada Legal Education Society by eminent lawyers and law savants for the avowed object of providing excellent legal education in the Marathwada region.
The alumni consist of Judge of Supreme Court, High Courts, District Courts, Judicial Magistrates and People from all walks of life. Management consists of Legal fraternity, Academicians, Doctor and Chartered Accountants etc. In 2004, NAAC accredited this institution with ‘B’ grade, in 2013 it was re-accredited with ‘A’ grade and it is re-accredited with B+ Grade (2019).
About the Moot
From 2001, they are conducting the National Level Moot Court Competition and this year XXIII National Moot Court Competition will be held on March 25 and 26, 2023.
The competition shall have Three Rounds (ie Preliminary, Semi Final and Final), the Preliminary and Semi Final rounds shall be held on March 25, 2023 at 9.00 am and 3.00 pm onwards respectively and Final round shall be held on March 26, 2023 from 10.00am onwards.
There shall be the same problem for Preliminary and Semi Final rounds, however for Final round participants shall have different problems.
In all the rounds there shall be direct performance of petitioner of a team against respondent of another team in allotted Court rooms according to lots drawn.
There shall be an exchange of memorials of each round on the previous day of the Preliminary and final round and several hours before for the semi-final round.
Every speaker shall be ready well in advance for his/her performance to maintain time & discipline of the Court.
The teams & participants shall be awarded cash prizes along with trophies as follows:
- Winner Team cash prize of Rs. 7000/- from college and Late Adv. Shri. Sudhakarrao Deshmukh Trophy.
- Runner up Team cash prize of Rs. 5000/- from college and Late Adv. Shri. Sudhakarrao Deshmukh Trophy.
- Individual Prizes & Trophies:
- Late Adv. Shri LN Sirsamkar- Best Petitioner from final round cash prize of Rs. 2000/- and Trophy.
- Best Respondent from final round cash prize of Rs. 2000/- and Trophy from college.
- Late Adv. Shri. Sudhakarrao Deshmukh Trophy for Best Mooter in all rounds.
- Ghate Foundation, Aurangabad – Best Mooter Trophy for Preliminary Round.
- Best Memorial Prize for Final Round from the College
- Last date for provisional registration: March 4, 2023
- Last date for final registration & Submission of soft copies of registration form: March 5, 2023
- Submission of soft copies of memorials: March 10, 2023
- Submission of hard copies of memorials along with the Compendium, if any: March 15, 2023
- Orientation of the event: March 24, 2023
- Date of Preliminary and Semi Final Round: March 25, 2023
- Date of Final Round: March 26, 2023
- Valedictory Function and Prize Distribution: March 26, 2023
- Ms. Pratibha Girbane: 9923484741
- Mr. Abhay Jadhav: 9970449376
- Ms. Chaitrali Dabholkar: 9404769201 (Student Convener of Moot Court Association)
- Mr. Kaushal singh: 8800563532 (Student Co-Convener of Moot Court Association)