Founded in the year 2006, Chanakya National Law University (CNLU) has an altruistic aspiration of serving society by disseminating high-quality legal education.
The institution has garnered a stellar reputation by enabling both students and research scholars to enhance their knowledge through conferences, capacity building workshops, guest lectures on a variety of contemporary issues, all done in collaboration with Think Tanks, Central and State Statutory Bodies, Law Firms , etc.
The Center for Advanced Research on Corporate and Insolvency Laws (CARCIL) is a Center of Excellence to facilitate the highest standards of research in Corporate Law, Governance, Insolvency, and allied laws in India.
The Center aims to provide a platform to carry out research projects, organize academic workshops, lectures and conferences, conduct Faculty Development Programs, etc., and work towards the advancement of Corporate and Insolvency laws in India. CARCIL is committed to fostering an environment that encourages intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and innovative ideas.
- To foster a culture of good governance, voluntary compliance and facilitate the effective participation of different stakeholders.
- Focused research on the relation between social changes and the corporation.
- To look beyond the black box of the corporation and research the role of the main corporate actors, including the board, shareholders, supervisors as well as the role of public and private regulation in relation to the corporation.
About the Competition
After successfully organizing its first edition in March 2022, CNLU is proud to bring back the second edition of the CNLU-CCI National Moot Court Competition, 2023 in collaboration with the Competition Commission of India. The Commission’s constant initiatives under the Competition Act, 2002 align with the goal of CNLU to foster an environment of legal research and learning in the field of Competition Law, by providing students with the opportunity to observe and interact with experienced practitioners and academicians in this field .
The 2nd edition of the CNLU-CCI National Moot Court Competition is also being organized in association with JSA Advocates & Solicitors. With the presence of both of these organizations, CARCIL ensures that students are provided with as realistic and impression of Competition Law as possible.
The Moot Court Competition shall take place in a hybrid format. The Preliminary & Quarter Final rounds shall take place on March 18, 2023 and March 19, 2023 and the Semi Final and Final Rounds shall take place physically at the CNLU Campus on April 8, 2023.
- Comment of Provisional Registration: February 10, 2023
- Release of Moot Proposition Statement of Registration: February 13, 2023
- Comment of Registration: February 24, 2023
- Last date of submission of registration form: February 28, 2023
- Last Date for seeking clarifications: March 5, 2023
- Last date of submission of soft copy of written submissions: March 15, 2023
- Researcher Test: March 16, 2023
- Training session by SCC Online: March 17, 2023
- Draw of Lots: March 17, 2023
- Preliminary and Quarter-Finals rounds of 2nd Edition of CNLU- CCI National Moot Court Competition: March 18-19, 2023
- Semi-Finals and Final rounds of 2nd CNLU-CCI National Moot Court Competition: April 8, 2023
How to register?
The interested teams can register by filling out the online registration form linked below before 24 February, 2023. Click on the link given at the end of this post to register.
For all teams, the final registration shall be completed upon payment of the registration fee of Rs. 4500/- on or before the last date of the final registration, that is, 24 February, 2023.
Please note that there is a maximum of 40 slots available. Which shall be done on a first-come-first-serve basis. For the 4 teams advancing to the physical rounds, shall be required to make an additional payment of Rs, 1500/-
- Beneficiary Name: CHANAKYA NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY
- Name of the Bank: State Bank of India, CNLU Branch, Mithapur, Patna
- Bank Account Number: 40831092400
- IFSC Code: SBIN0015996
Click here to view the Moot Problem and Brochure of the Competition
- E-mail – [email protected]
- Mr. Varnik Kundaliya (Convenor) – +91 9012295507 or [email protected]
- Ms. Ridhi Ranjan (Co-Convenor) – +91 7070960888 or [email protected]