Indian Bureau of Mines, a Subordinate Office of the Ministry of Mines requires the services of 03 Law officers initially for a period of two years.
About the Indian Bureau of Mines
The Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM) established in 1948, is a multi-disciplinary government organization under the Department of Mines, Ministry of Mines, engaged in the promotion of conservation, scientific development of mineral resources, and protection of the environment in mines and other than coal, petroleum & natural gas, atomic minerals and minor minerals.
Number of Posts
- The engagement will be purely on a contractual basis and will not give any right/claim for the regularization of his/her appointment at the Indian Bureau of Mines.
- The contract would be initially for, a period of Two years and may be further extended maximum for one more year, subject to appraisal of the performance and on a need basis.
Place of Work
Indian Bureau of Mines Headquarters at Nagpur.
- Applicant should have Full time, three years bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) OR 05 years integrated LLB degree with minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA course from Bar Council of India recognized (b) Institute / College / University.
- Applicant must have been registered as an Advocate with the Bar Council of India/ State Bar Council in terms of Advocate’s Act, 1961.
- Applicant should have been a practicing advocate with minimum 3 years’ experience before any Court of Law in India or having working experience of minimum of 3 years as a legal professional with any PSU/Govt. department or with a large private organization post minimum qualification of LLB.
- Applicant should be fully conversant with practice and procedure in all Civil Matters before Courts including Arbitration, Labor Laws, Company Law and experience in drafting of Petitions, Applications, Affidavits, Memorandum of Appeal Contract/Services Agreement & other related matters etc.
- Applicant must have excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, knowledge of computer applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point etc. are essential.
- Preference should be given to applicants who have experience as an advocate in the supreme court/high court in matters related to the Mines and Minerals industry or working with the legal department of a mining PSU/Govt. dept/Large PVP Company.
Not more than 35 Years
Scope of Work
- Tender legal opinion on the issues coming before the department. Prepare parawise comments on all OAs, Writ Petitions, SLPs, PILs filed against the department and forward to the concerned Standing Counsel after approval of the Competent Authority for drafting counter affidavits.
- Scrutinize the counter affidavit received from Counsel with reference to the parawise comments.
- Perform such other work of legal nature, as may have been trusted from time to time.
- Maintain the list of pending court cases in the department.
- Monitor the pending court cases.
- To assist and be present in the court at the time of hearing.
- Further, the law officers should be in sound health (Both physically and mentally), and should be of impeccable integrity.
- The law officers shall also assist the department in any policy decisions/matters as and when required by the department.
- Shall deal with the Court matters including cases involving legal issues for examination and recommendation of appropriate action to be taken by the Competent Authority.
How to Apply?
- The interested candidate may submit an application along with self-attested copies in support of all educational qualification(s), experience certificates, a copy of their Bar Council of India/ State Bar Council certificate of enrollment as an Advocate and a copy of the All India Bar Examination (AIBE) pass certificate (if any) as per the format given in the official notification below.
- The applications may be addressed to the Controller of Mines (Planning and Coordination), Block ‘D’, 2nd Floor, Indira Bhawan, Civil Lines, Nagpur-440001.
- The application must be sent via email ([email protected]) followed by hard copies by post in the above mentioned address.
February 28, 2023