Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) is a not-for-profit Section 8, Schedule B, Public Sector Enterprise, under the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India as an Interface Agency to strengthen and empower the emerging Biotech enterprise to undertake strategic research and innovation, addressing nationally relevant product development needs.
About the Opportunity
BIRAC is inviting applications from qualified, experienced and ambitious professionals for the following positions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify risk exposure and advise the management on contractual obligations and risks. Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management, especially on contract management.
- Manage the legal due diligence process and review the diligence reports.
- Review and advise management on the legal implications of internal policies and procedures. Identify risk exposure and advise the management on contractual obligations and risks.
- Checking legal eligibility of Applicant entities under various schemes for each call.
- Draft contracts, MoU, GLA, GIA, and other agreements and ensure that they comply with all statutory or legal requirements. Providing detailed legal opinion on each such executed contract/ MoU/ GLA and other agreements after thorough reviewing in compliance with BIRAC norm
- Providing all Legal Assistance including vetting of MoU, Collaborative Research Agreements,
- Partnership Agreements, Incubation Agreements, Facility Agreements, Nondisclosure Agreements (NDA), Intellectual Property (IP) incensing Agreements, IP Assignment agreements and other agreements.
- Drafting of GLA formats, guidelines, and amending guidelines of Project Division in accordance with proposed changes.
- The act or pleaded on behalf of BIRAC in a Court of Law as an Advocate.
LLB from a recognized institution.
Rs.60,000 to Rs.90,000/-
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply through the link given at the end of the post.
February 28, 2023.
New Delhi, India.
For further queries contact