About National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences
The National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences is a medical institution in Bangalore, India, and NIMHANS is the apex center for mental health and neuroscience education in the country.
About the Opportunity
The National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Project Officer – Policy and Law.
Number of Vacancies
Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement training programs across the country on various subjects pertaining to child-related laws and policies, for various stakeholders in the area of law (including judicial officers), child protection, and mental health;
- Development of training content and methodologies for online and in-person training workshops on child-related laws/policies, based on in-depth readings of relevant research articles, case law, commentaries, etc.
- Undertake research activities on subject areas pertaining to children and law, including designing studies, data collection, analysis, and report writing.
- Coordinate with governmental and judicial agencies, namely State Judicial Academies & Juvenile Justice Committees of High Courts, State Departments of Women & Child Development/ Social Justice & Empowerment/Police, and other systems/agencies to communicate the Project’s mandate and set up training and research activities.
- Work with other internal technical teams in a coordinated manner to develop training materials, research proposals, and other report-creation tasks related to the Project’s case work & official assistance rendered to governmental/judicial agencies.
- Develop IEC materials and conduct social media campaigns and other public awareness programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB)
- Have at least 1 year of experience (post essential qualification) in legal research on human rights-related subjects (preferably with a focus on child rights)
- Strong understanding of the structure and workings of the child protection system, including knowledge of child laws applicable to the protection system, namely juvenile justice and child sexual abuse laws.
- A deep knowledge of child rights, protection, juvenile justice & related laws and policies.
- Knowledge of research methodology, including the ability to conceptualize research studies.
- Evidence of written work and documentation in the area of human rights and/or child law.
- High levels of fluency in oral and written English.
- Fluency in oral communication in Hindi.
- Willingness to travel within the country
- LLM and/or Ph.D. in law/law-related disciplines.
- Have at least 2 years of experience practicing before any court of law,
specifically in the area of child rights and law.
- Training & Teaching experience in human rights/child protection and law-related issues.
- Oral/ working knowledge of at least 1 (Indian) regional language.
- Published papers in the area of human rights and/or child law.
Rs. 90,000/- per month.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply through the link given at the end of the post.
February 8, 2023.
Click here to apply